View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 10:10   Link #4843
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
So that's why I thought you were against it
Not against it. I just know that most people find lifelong isolation unacceptable and violates human rights, so the next best thing is death penalty. I didn't say I'm against it, I just don't think it's exactly the best solution to let criminals understand just why they were wrong. Imho, the best punishment is to let them know how much their victims suffered, but most people would disagree with me if I say the best punishment is putting them in an isolation cell, give them one meal a day of crap food, a few torture sessions throughout the week in the first few months, and let him rot in there until he dies. That, and I have a sick and twisted logic However, I know most people would disagree with me, so death penalty is the only other solution, although it doesn't really teach the criminal a lesson. It just ends their suffering like that, no trouble to anyone.

EDIT: But this is only for people who committed intolerable crimes, like the ones I mentioned in the post you quoted, not neccessarily for the example we've been talking about.