View Single Post
Old 2011-04-13, 03:05   Link #1293
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, Varic was doing the best he could to track Bartrend down. It's just that when he found him, it was too late.

That, and Meredith not having the relic would not have stopped Anders from blowing up the Chantry. Which, in turn, would have given Meredith every excuse to torch the mage tower anyway. Whether or not she would have done so if she didn't have the relic is a matter we can debate on endlessly, but do recall that she already started squeezing the mages long before we even got to the Deep Roads. It was not the relic responsible for that, nor was the relic responsible for Anders' plan.

And this is important. The relic is not the spark that started the war; Anders was.
I agree Anders would have done it anyway, because he's such a big idiot that's why. Had he not then it could have been resolved with more peace and since Hawke is the master of pursuasion I don't really see how Anders could not be convinced- ooh yeh I forgot.. He was stupid enough to take a spirit of the fade in him.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote