View Single Post
Old 2013-08-09, 21:45   Link #442
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I saw it, but I can't help associating it in the context of an actual physical fight given your other words surrounding it.
It was not my intent, however I can see where you're getting at, and honestly though? It's a logical assumption to come to; in this series most if not all of the character developement comes preceding, is during, or right after a fight to the death. Guess I'm wishing for too much with Index huh? *Sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
And yet:
Isn't that what a Guile Hero does? Winning thanks to his wits and his knowledge?
That's not a what Guile hero is, I don't know what the term you're describing is called. Guile heroes are meant to be manipulative with a well-meaning goal in mind, I've never read of Index ever doing that.

Quote:
Just because Index didn't have a one-on-one fight/ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny didn't mean she didn't have a role in deciding the outcome.
Never did I imply this tid-bit, just for Index... to be significant, in comparable terms of what the other characters do, I wan't for her to do like a large fracton of the work needed to be done to avert a crisis (not all the time mind you), say like... 25-50% range.

Quote:
Road to Endymion, for example.
For Road to Endymion, I haven't seen it yet, since I'm avoiding all spoilers like the plague and awaiting the translated subtitles, since my sub-standard understanding of Japanese isn't enough to get me by. So you'll have to excuse my lack of knowlegde regarding the movie.