View Single Post
Old 2008-07-09, 00:47   Link #139
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Forgive me if I interrupted anything but I really enjoy the Mai series and I just want to post something here. I first watched Mai Hime last year (the dub version), Mai Otome (a few months ago) and Mai Otome Zwei (a few days ago) but among all of these I seem to like Mai Hime in terms of story, drama and characters but for some reason or another I cannot seem to forget Mai Otome since it has been more prominent in my mind. I like Mai Hime because the unpredictability of the story, how it leaves on the edge of your seat wanting more and how it always seems to leave you in suspense but Mai Otome is something I would have most likely enjoyed even more if the story wasn't so convolouted. There were just so many things that Mai Otome could have done even better for example the anime and manga could do without all the fanservice and they could have at least made some newer characters rather than just rehash the old ones at reasonable numbers so that they don't jam pack a ton of characters in the story. Also, Mai Otome could have been a little longer (I would say about 51 episodes) in terms of show length and it could've used more main characters besides Arika herself. I enjoy both series but ultimately if I were to make a choice, I would choose Mai Hime because there are so many things that it did right that Mai Otome could have done better or without (like Sergay Wong to be honest whose voice seiyuu was little annoying at times yet his english seems a little tolerable). The same could be said about the Mai Hime and Mai Otome manga that stories are often rushed in the latter and that to be honest there was way too much fanservice that this fan can handle!

OOT: You may or may not flame me for saying this but Shizuru voice sound great in both the dub and the Japanese version of both animes.
Few people like you and I both agree on shizuru's dubbed voice. I actually liked this whole "souther bell" thing she had going on in the dubbed