View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 07:29   Link #243
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I think a better question to ask is whether to watch SAO and be critical about it or watch it as pure entertainment and try not think too much into it. And as you say, there are "middle grounds", but I don't think you should watch SAO in the mood as if you're watching/reading something like Kino's Journey or Noein or even Death Note. Personally, I'm now enjoying this show as shounen action shows and try not to think too much into it and be pleasantly surprised when there are some depth to the show, instead of expecting depth all the way and coming out feeling shallow.
The question to me is why would you watch any shows critically instead of as pure entertainment? Spending time looking for flaws is likely to make you miss out on the having fun part. Even more so as the only flaws that are actual flaws are the ones you notice even while trying to enjoy the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
But also another characteristic of Sociopaths and psychopaths is that they have a good understanding of social norm and can behave in a manner that doesn't bring attention towards them in a day to day basis or are adept at manipulating other individuals. So it isn't far-fetched that Asuna's family haven't noticed the other side of his personality.
It's also a lot less stupid then people may think. If he had tried to convince Kirito that this marriage is what Asuna really wants, then it's quite possible that Kirito would have argued against that and even done so with her parents well enough to make them hesitate. Now he derailed that and tricked Kirito into making the chooise if he should try and convince Asuna's parents that their future son is a criminal creep or not.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote