View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 16:38   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Little Busters actually feels like a Slice of Life show to me. What I mean is that with the exception of Komari's arc, it feels like it's pretty random what happens to this show on a week-to-week basis. After last week's episode, I kind of thought Haruka focus would continue this week, but nope, now we switch to Kud.

It's kind of like Key meets Seinfeld. At that level, it surprisingly works pretty well. But I'm worried if future "high drama" arcs will suffer from this sense of there being no major overarching plot.
That's actually the major problem VN readers got: past the adaptation issues, the narrative built this way is jarring and disjointed, since they basically shuffle events for no real reason. In fact, things would have gone less random if the overarching baseball arc was kept as the intro common route, so it would supplement the characterization of the cast before having the actual plot.
Quote:
Which kind of proves my point. Even JC Staff recognizes the redundancy between these three characters, which is why when one takes center stage, the other two just blend in with the entourage.
Actually, it is plainly because they don't know how to balance each other screentime, because their "events" are drastically different.