View Single Post
Old 2006-01-14, 16:15   Link #1
mojorisin777

Please Help VirtualDubMod Problem!! PLEASE!

God, I've never been so frustrated in my life. I'm having a problem that seems to be relatively common, but none of the listed solutions has worked for me. I downloaded 51 episodes of Full Metal Alchemist in .mkv format, and the quality is fantastic. I downloaded them with the intention of burning them to dvd and watching them with my son, and at first there was no problem. I'm new to working with DVDs, I've been using VCDs and SVCDs for years, so perhaps I'm just too noob to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've been using VirtualDubMod to extract both the video and the english language audio stream, and then encoding them with separate programs. This worked fine up to episode 6. Starting with episode 7, and every episode from then on, I get an error when I try to extract the audio stream. I get 'No decompressor was found to decompress source audio' errors every time, and the file info option lists the audio as 'unknown wave format'. I've tried at least ten separate solutions that seem to have worked for other people with the same problem, and no dice. Nothing, but nothing, seems to help. I am at my literal wit's end, it's driving me insane, and my boy is bugging me to see the next episode. Please, for the love of god, help.

Just off the top of my head, I have tried demuxing the stream directly to *.mp4 file and then converting to .wav using nero wave editor. I have tried using direct stream instead of full processing mode when extracting from VirtualDubMod. I have installed riverpast audio converter, and I have to admit I was surprised when it didn't work. That program has never failed me before. I'm sure I've tried other things, but I wasn't really keeping track at the time and nothing else immediately comes to mind. I would appreciate any help greatly.