View Single Post
Old 2010-11-13, 01:56   Link #1045
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The best part was when I noticed that at the start of the final battle, Panty has the Condombot attached to her gun. I was really losing it by then. The attention to detail in placing tiny visual gags within each frame of the main visual gag is really amazing. Amemiya knocked this one out of the park.
That's nothing. Right before that shot, Stockingtron's Dildocon is...in a very suggestive position...

I've stopped trying to anticipate this series, like I do with so many others. There's no point. Not that it's random, although it is, but there is very much a method to that deceptive madness. Now I just sit back and enjoy it, and then watch it a few more times to stand in bemused awe at what I can't believe I missed.

I only hope this series spawns more like it. Not just imitators of its subject matter and overall style, as there will no doubt be plenty of those knockoffs soon enough, but series that buck the "flavor of the week" trend and let their animators and directors have a little fun once in a while...

It may not quite have the best animation (although the last two episodes do nothing if not flaunt their animators' prodigious talents), it may not have the most complex plot (or any real plot, for that matter), and it may not even be the funniest (Mitsudomoe might argue that claim), but pound for pound, this may just be the best series of the year (amid admittedly scant competition)...if it keeps up this momentum. It's already guaranteed itself cult status of at least the FLCL level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Transformers part was really boring and unfunny, except for that Garterbelt moment.
Maybe it's interesting for mecha fans, but for me it was a total waste of screen time.
Bite your tongue, heathen. (lol jk ^_^) Transformers are not mecha. There are no angsty yet photogenic kids controlling those robots... That's what killed G1, was moving toward the traditional giant mecha pilot/mech dynamic, if only slightly. Very different types of stories, and a very different type of fan.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-11-13 at 02:20.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote