View Single Post
Old 2007-09-13, 13:51   Link #189
NaweG
Just some guy

If we're going to speculate...

Seeing that at the end of 11, Makoto finally gets to see the results of his handiwork with Kotonoha (notice how he keeps begging to be spared this), it is possible (if they want a good, televisable ending) to have this be him getting together with Kotonoha, adopting Sekai's baby, and then finishing 18 years later with Kotonoha preaching to the little boy that this is why he doesn't want to be like the scumbag his father was before he finally picked her.

If they wanted a realistic ending (unlikely after the threesome - which to me took this out of any conceivable touch with reality), they could have Makoto and Kotonoha talk about what has happened, and she decides to do what the other girls did, and push him to do the right thing with Sekai even though it will break her heart. Alternately (again in the somewhat realistic realm) they could have Sekai have a miscarriage, and then no one will spend time with Makoto and we get a flash forward where he's walking down the street, and sees all the girls now in happy relationships while he's still alone and miserable.

Finally, if they want to have a wacky ending they could do "I'm the Wife" only have Setsuna back from France dropping in on Makoto, doing the childhood friend thing, and then Sekai comes in with the vaccination papers and the V sign.

I find it difficult to believe that a series that is being televised, even late at night, is going to go with a bloodbath ending. Seeing that they have been too timid to show any real nudity, I'd be surprised if they went for gore at this point.

My .02 worth (and probably less than that)...