View Single Post
Old 2009-07-02, 22:25   Link #230
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
From what I've seen and heard, it looks like Mangagamer is more into licensing Shuffle products than actually bringing the game over. Maybe they're just using the Shuffle name and images as promotional material for their business?

If that's not the case and they've actually licensed the game (unlikely), has Gamepatch said what they'd do if the game got licensed?

Mangagamer Ad/Flyer
Well, actually, I think it is most likely that they have licensed the game (so to speak) especially since the flyer lists Navel as one the MangaGamer partner studios. This supports what I said above re: it not really being a license in the traditional sense if the Studio is partnered in the endeavour. (In other words, it's a "zero cost" license.) Besides, other than the games, what other products are there when you don't actually ship any physical products?

So, anyway, yeah -- we'll see what they say at their panel, but I think it's virtually assured that they're going to try to bring out the game. And I'm assuming that if they do license it for distribution, there's not really much point in continuing work on the fan translation...? In either case, we wouldn't talk about it on AnimeSuki any more. If/once the license is confirmed, I'll close this thread.