View Single Post
Old 2004-07-14, 13:40   Link #302
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
You obviously haven't been inflicted with Mezzo DSA , Gilgamesh or Firestorm. Poor animation [lousy CG and framerate], inability to stick to form [characters have bubble heads] in addition to hidious character designs [maybe Mezzo has 1 saving grace], suck music, cheese stories and cop out end. These 3 have to rank amongst the absolute worst 2004 or any year has produced.
I agree with you on Firestorm, haven't seen Mezzo, but I completely disagree on Gilgamesh- and I'm not alone in this opinion.

How many episodes of Gilgamesh did you watch? 1? Because I thought Gilgamesh was practically a masterpiece in the ranks and sensibilities of Evangelion. It has a brilliant story, a very original look (even if the animation does look low budget AT TIMES), really atmospheric music, and very memorable characters. It also has a much more adult tone to it, which was quite enjoyable. I also thought that the ending was quite effective- if you watched the whole thing, did you watch past the credits of the final episode?....heh heh heh.

Pick, I hope you enjoy Gilgamesh, but I warn you that it is quite dark