View Single Post
Old 2011-08-31, 13:58   Link #107
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
I don't really know how I felt about this episode. I loved it on one hand, but the thought that Makise will probably be revived in 2 episodes puts me off a bit. Everything that happened in this episode will go to waste if that happens. So yeah, I know I may be going against the current, but I am seriously hoping that Makise stays dead by the end of this series.
Why would it go to waste?
Characters went through hardship and struggle for a result that is absolutely against the current flow. It isn't like saving a certain character makes the previous scenes wasted or nonsensical. All of this plight had a meaning and was a catalyst for such change, and it isn't like Okabe didn't get enough troubles for the desired result.

I seriously don't see how all of this went to waste considering all the shit it happened to them. Steins;gate isn't the only series dealing with saving characters from a certain doom after many loops filled with trial and errors, tragedies, miracles etc and just like the these other series (I'm not going to mention them since it would spoil them for a lot of people. Please do not mention them either), regardless if it is due to science or magic, a character brought back this way -does not- nullify all the hardship they went through.

Otherwise, that's like saying that Okabe saving Mayuri wasted her death as well.