View Single Post
Old 2011-10-27, 09:28   Link #19
Gooral
Banned

@Ryus
As for Galatea, from what I understood she can't use that ability in combat but remotely only which contrasts with Clare's ability. So she can tell for example emotions of someone by reading their flow but can't predict their movements. Otherwise I don't see how she could be hit by Duff. She probably could develop this technique but decided to stick with manipulation or because of being trained as an eye it was hard for her to focus to such extent on objects not far away from her and only that object ignoring all the "noise" around her. Using an analogy, Clare is a microscope and Galatea is a telescope. I'm not saying that Galatea can't read someone close, I'm saying she can't read in a combat situation and apply that knowledge because of her different upbringing and developing certain "reflexes" characteristic to an eye. Just a speculation.

Whether I'm close or not, the fact is there is a clear distinction between the two in the synopsis of this technique suggesting that there are two versions, Galatea's and Teresa's/Clare's.

"Ability to finely read the flow of youki in the body. #3 Galatea who has rich experience and superior analytical ability can detect the internal activity of people from a remote location. #47 Clare can read the rival's movement from the flow of youki and then avoid being attacked."

BTW, do you think that the order on a chart is random? Because it looks like Teresa can use her ability while having released her youki the most. And in the synopsis of the technique the order they're using is rank (so #1, #3, #47 not #1,#47,#3). We know that Clare had to suppress her own youki in order to use this ability to the fullest after all.