View Single Post
Old 2006-05-04, 12:15   Link #23
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Does Shion really exist? (Ep. 05)

Satoko: "Huh? Mion's family?"
Kei: "Yeah. To say it more simply, I was wondering if she has any siblings or what not."

I asked Satoko as I was curious whether or not there really was a twin sister named Shion.

Satoko: "hmm...well...I do believe that she may have or not..."

She doesn't seem to be able to give me a clear cut answer. Perhaps she hasn't gone over to Mion's place before?

Kei: "By the looks of it, it seems like you haven't met any"
Satoko: "Yes. I do believe that I only know of her grandmother"

Hmm. Looks like my theory of Shion really existing has reached a dead end from the start.

Satoko: "Perhaps Rika might know. I do believe that such things are better answered by Rika."

Satoko waves her hand to Rika warming underneath the sun.

Satoko: "Rika~. Do you know anything about Mion's family?"

Rika was taken by surprise by such an sudden question

Rika: "....Mii has many many relatives so I don't know every one of them."
Kei: "Her family is that large? Okay...hmm...all right, is there a person by the name of Sonozaki Shion? Uhh...I may have heard it wrong so that person may or may not exist though..."
Rika: "...are you talking about Shii? Yes there is a Shion."

Huh? Really? Wow that was an interesting response. So she does exist!

Satoko: "Really? How similar sounding names they both have. I may accidentally bite my tongue when saying it"
Rika: "...I have heard that she is Mii's twin sister, but I haven't met her that much yet"

Rika-chan seems to know her, but not quite that well.

Rika: "I think I have met her once when there was a village meeting several years ago"
Kei: "Since she isn't in our class, then that mean she is attending the other school in Okinomiya then"
Satoko: "There's the possibility that she lives in Okinomiya. Besides, Mion's living separately from her parents as she lives with her grandmother."

Mion lives separately from her own parents? That's a little strange. I wonder why?

Rika: "Her family is...a bit complicated."
Satoko: "There's probably some kind of reason since her family is that big"

Well at least I learned that there is a twin sister named Shion, but her family relationship is as more mysterious as herself...

Mion: "Hey, what are you three up to? Can ojisan join too?"
Satoko: "Oh Mion-san, you came at a good time! Mion-san, is it true that you have a twin sister?'

Oh crap...it's Mion

Mion: "er....a twin sister?! umm...yeah, yes, there is..."

Mion blushes red in embarrassment in a highly unlikely fashion from her usual self. Is it just me or is she trying to seek out my response...?

Satoko: "Oh~! I did not know that~! I wonder what kind of person she is. I would definitely like to see her one of these days~!!"
Mion: "No don't! Ugh, I don't think you would want to! Uh...she isn't cute or anything and...she's also selfish and...! Ah...I only talk to her once in a while on the phone and yeah, I haven't seen her lately either...!"

...hey hey, Mion's panicking a bit. That's clearly spilling the beans that 'Shion' that I saw yesterday was a fake... But it's kinda funny to see Mion in such a state so I'll just let it be.

...Mion's pseudonym, Shion. ...I wonder if I can get to see her again at that restaurant? I am absolutely certain that they are one and the same person, but what is this weird feeling that I have? It's like I've just met a new friend.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-08 at 13:02.