View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 17:34   Link #1730
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Now why the leap from a non-white-collar job to the entertainment industry? It's not as if those there are only three alternatives (sex trade, white-collar, entertainment) to the JAV industry. In addition, given the structure of the Japanese entertainment industry, "exposure" is not something that would be a deciding point.
Here's another thing, if not for the Asian Conservative streak, why the need for an alias during the AV stint ? I'm sure you realise none of those AV Actress are using their real birth name. Even Rina Nakanishi of AKB48 have to adopt the name of Riku Yamaguchi when she jumped bandwagon. And her mainstream past is only implied in her AV releases.

So, if the public is as forgiving as your have said, there would be more of them on the small screen or a regular basis given the recruitment rate. They are in the entertainment industry afterall and are cult idol to say the least. But we have the odd 1 or 2 appearing as guest on late night entertainment before disappearing altogether.

Quote:
In such an atmosphere of general decadence, is there anything much to do? There isn't, and that has some effect on why girls would want to make some quick bucks while searching for an alternative (if there are any steady ones, that is).
Yes, they are right in wanting a quick buck, but it kind of bother me that they have no long term plans.

Quote:
Given the depressed marriage scene, I would say that if the girl herself is okay (aside from that JAV past), there wouldn't be too much opposition from the parents. Japan has always had a hidden "liberal" sex attitude, where having a serious relationship would make sleeping together basically just an option. The filming probably make things uncomfortable, but probably not something to stop the knot if all the other factors are good enough.
I see your point. But like I've said, they can get hitched, but it's another matter if everything have a happy outcome.

And given the state of the Internet today, a film isn't going to fade away once uploaded. The girl's past will always be back to bug her and it will make an valid argument point in a quarrel.

Quote:
Well, given how things are in Japan, 20 would be when most would be starting out in Japan. Not sure where you live, so I'll withhold more comments until I see your side of things.
The life span of a JAV Actress is like 2 years in most cases. They are paid at a starting rate of 1 million yen per film with about one title release per month.

So, once they are out of the business, they can't really do much when the cash runs out with all those exposure. As I said earlier, her past will always come back to haunt her. A regular job wouldn't be able to satisfy her if she had no long term plans, which is most likely the case. And I don't believe she has the Qualification to get into some high level admin post nor know how to run a business. All the more pathetic is, the recruitement rate isn't going down.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote