Thread: Licensed Sekirei / Jupiterjukers
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-12, 03:21   Link #1058
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryns View Post
Hey all first time on this thread. I was looking around for a decent action/fantasy manga (mainly due to burnout on mecha) and heard this manga compared to Tenchi and since I enjoyed that one I thought I would ask for opinions. Good, bad, average? Decent plot or basically fanservice? Thanks for the help.
Well, regardless of which Tenchi series you're coming from, Tenchi is just too waaaay out there in terms of plot. The only thing that's common with Sekirei and Tenchi is the fact that they deal with harem and risque comedy. Sekirei has more of the latter (minus the Freudian undertones of the other), and the scale of the story definitely isn't as grandiose.

Basically, the story revolves around a game, involving these pretty combatants (mostly female), who enter into these pacts with their chosen someone as they battle each other until only one is left standing. And that's why our hapless—but extremely lucky—main character gets to have a harem of his own.

Sekirei won't blow your mind away, but it's quite entertaining, and the fanservice certainly doesn't hurt. The characters are what you would expect, but they're all presented rather well. All in all, it has enough of everything as a harem series—from fanservice, drama and even action.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote