View Single Post
Old 2011-03-08, 19:57   Link #459
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletomatoes View Post
Hello, I have some irreconcilable questions I hope someone can offer insights to:

1. In Light's ridding of Penbar's scheme, why did he not consider the possibility that Penbar meticulously recorded his work/ trailings in every detail which would include - noting that he was forced to show his badge to Light? At the very least, you would think that all FBI agents had some kind of hidden camera on them when following their suspects to be relayed back to L in its entirety. Light should take this into account if he was as smart as he think he is.

2. Concerning the two fake rules that "proved" he and Misa's innocence: If I was L and/or other members of the investigation I would rigorously test every single rule which would give a glaring conclusion that the only fake ones also conveniently cleared Light. This would cause Light to be immediately under the most suspicion. I think it is too presumptuous of Light to think that nobody would test the rules.

3. When his sister was kidnapped by Mello to exchange for the notebook, why did not the investigation team simply bug the notebook? say, cut a part of the hard back cover and insert a chip to be activated after a week so it cannot be detected by any initial RF scan. Or, completely replace the front and back covers with chips buried in the covers to activated/traced later. Why did no one think of this?
1. It wasn't something that could turn out in a problem. At the public's eyes, he was just a young guy trying to play hero and take the criminal down in order to save everyone on the bus. Penbar may have taken it as his dad's job influences.
Also, he didn't know that his wife was on the town, and as soon as he found her and the valious information that could simple take him down, he killed her off. That, of course, was a mistake because L suspected of the persons that Penbar was following.
2. L actually tryed to test the rules, but he got killed by Rem before he can. The other members of the special forces just followed Light's orders, as they designed him as their new boss, as L just said that he didn't suspect of him anymore, there weren't any reasons to continue the investigation over him.
3. It was pretty much a risk move I think, if the criminals would have found it, they would have killed the girl, and, why not? The investigation team in revenge. You can ask this as you can ask why they didn't just make a fake death note with only a few original pages on it. They just didn't think it good and obbeyed the orders because the one that was kindanapped was the Light's sister, their own boss, they weren't going to take any unnecesary risk in there.