View Single Post
Old 2011-03-20, 14:43   Link #249
naikou
Slashy Slashy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo
Unfortunately unless you can prove that this has always be your idea I can't shake the feeling that you're just defending this position because that's what Ryuukishi did.
What the hell, man? Of course it hasn't been my idea all along, at the beginning of Umineko I was busy trying to blame someone, just like everyone else. Then in EP4, I started to doubt whether or not finding the truth really was significant. When EP5 gave us a character who was basically the embodiment of evil for trying to find a solution, my suspicious were confirmed.

But just because I haven't been right all along doesn't mean my opinion doesn't hold water. I'm not trying to say "Look how superior I am! I've been right this whole time, and you've all been on a wild goose chase!" That's not the case at all, I've done my fair share of goose hunting.

What I'm asking you to do is to step back and maybe see that maybe the culprit is not what is the most important thing to take from Umineko. Maybe it is instead the lessons about love, and tolerance, and forgiveness? Maybe the goose chase was just an excuse to show us something far more beautiful than any old goose could be?

And now I am getting sappy, hmph.
naikou is offline   Reply With Quote