View Single Post
Old 2006-01-08, 21:50   Link #108
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Though I have to say Canvas 2 seems to be the most re-arranged/changed I've seen since I started watching anime. But... I hope its not just because I've seen the anime before looking at the manga but the anime seems to be the superior product.
Well, as with nearly every show in this genre (Shuffle, Da Capo, you name it), they're both different variations on the game story (as you know). The manga and anime usually have no direct correlation. The rule about "the manga's better than the anime" only generally applies when the manga is the original source material (the whole rule is really just a variation of the old "the original is best" rule that applies to all entertainment). In this genre, the animes actually do tend to be more dynamic retellings, while the manga tends to be more fillerish/"extra". That's not to say the manga suck - they're certainly enjoyable - but they don't tend to get as much focus. Anyway, all that to say, that the anime is better than the manga doesn't surprise me much in this genre.

P.S. Will get back to the latest discussion when I finally get around to watching the episode.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-01-08 at 22:04. Reason: darned typos...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote