Thread: Licensed Nana
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-12, 00:10   Link #91
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Since I'm almost finished with Beck (ep 23) and have already seen Paradise Kiss which I found to be a very dope contemporary adaptation...I'd like to start watching Nana, however I don't really know much about it (Oddly enuff no one really has given an overview of what the series is about, only impressions after watching it)...Is it another "slice of life" contemporary tale like Beck and Parakiss??The distinct animation made me curious as I think this animation style is quite creative (although ParaKiss has better production value than Beck which tended to have inconsistencies in character designs and animation quality IMO; Beck put all the cash into the backgrounds and instruments but not necessarily the character designs)...Anyways I'd like to know more than it's a chick-flick before I decide to watch because if that's all it is I probably won't...I actually love the CG usage in ParaKiss and from the screens I've seen Nana seems to have it aswell....Aizawa (I think that's his name), I really dig the way in Beck and in parakiss the way he paces episodes...It's almost like you get 20-25 different scenes splashed into a 23 minute episode...You almost feel like you get more out of a single episode of these shows than most others because of the quick interchanging of scenes...Just wondering if Nana prescribes to some of the things i really liked about those other 2 series...