Thread: Higurashi Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-30, 15:15   Link #51
[ ]

Send a message via ICQ to [ ] Send a message via AIM to [ ]
Himeyashop.com has lots of Dojin stuff, inclusive Higurashi, however their shipping prices are enourmous, so unless you're doing a bigger order its usually not completely worthwhile. Also: I've heard a horror story about one of their shipments but that may just be a one time thing and the mail's fault.

As for your question concerning japanese windows:
Depends entirely on your version of windows. With XP, 2000, NT and ME you can download language packs directly from windows update that inlude japanese text support. Then just set your system language to japanese before you start playing and all the text would show up fine.
Otherwise the game will run but you wont be ablr to see any text... kind of pointless to play higurashi without text tho..

I keep wanting to order but my japanese is essentially nonexistant.. so looking up every single word would be quite problematic. I would love to see the translation project go ahead, if they do it like the touhou translations and require ownership of the original, but provide a patch thatll work with that ^^
[ ] is offline   Reply With Quote