View Single Post
Old 2009-12-03, 23:19   Link #3
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Part 2 - Understanding the List
Now that we have got the definition out of the way, let's get on with the list of shows in which the male/female childhood friend pairing even so much appears on screen for a split second.

Granted, osananajimi is not just limited to heterosexual couples (if anything, boy/boy osananajimis are PRIME targets for 'slash' pairings), but for the purposes of this thread, I will only list heterosexual pairings. My 'osananajimi radar' only is sensitive to these pairings; I am fully confident that I have only missed a handful (if any) pairings since the year 2000. But me trying to include male/male and female/female osananajimis will only make the list incomplete, as I KNOW I will have missed at least half the shows that feature these.

In any case, there are five outcomes.

Definitive Win/Loss - If it is overtly shown that ANY osananajimi couple hooks up with each other in the show, and they are still a couple by the end of the season, count it as a definitive win.

Else if its overtly shown on screen that one of them hooks up with ANY another person that is NOT their osananajimi, and they are still a couple by the end of the season, then count it as a definitive loss.

Implied Win/loss - more subjective, but since this is Japanese animation, a ton of shows only imply that a certain couple gets together in the end.

As such, if there is overwhelming evidence that in the end any osananajimi hooks up, take it as implied win. Else if there is overwhelming evidence that an osananajimi pairing hooks up with any other person that is NOT their childhood friend in the ending, count it as an implied loss.

Note that this also includes 'post-anime' pairings, in where the source already has decided on a canon couple but the anime has not animated it yet.

Inconclusive - If nothing above is fulfilled, then its inconclusive.

Note that multiple seasons (not cours mind you) count as separate shows. This is to accomodate if a certain coupling changes by the next season, or if the new season/ova happens to go another route.

As for 'post-anime' implied endings, I will only list the oldest season until they get to the season where they animate the source canon couple. This is so the appropriate entry doesn't keep 'jumping' the years; it will stay in one place until the appropriate time to move it.

So without further adieu, lets get this show on the road.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote