View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 22:21   Link #25916
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
This is a tough one. I would say more the latter; she had her own criminal intent as well? I haven't had too many leads to say one way or the other for this part as of yet.

The main idea I'm thinking is, I know how people would fantasize about challenging their greatest hang-up (i.e. Battler) in one big show down, or one big prank. Or go out with the perfect plan. But I can see that when it comes to real execution, she, or anyone else really would hesitate. A series of successive murders is difficult, especially if she has to do it by hand. But flip the switch and just let the end come? If she was severely depressed and convinced she'd just evaporate from the energy... then, that's easy.

And maybe more appealing than shooting yourself in the head too.
I do agree that the bomb switch is the most likely way that Yasu could actually be a murderer.

But if Yasu did flip the switch then somehow Eva found out, and I'm not sure how that would happen without Yasu telling her. Plus there had to be some kind of individual killings going on, because Eva would not leave George and Hideyoshi behind unless she knew they were dead.

Also, the bomb had an off switch. Since Eva knew about the bomb (and presumably the off switch), then you would think it would be easier for her to turn it off rather than flee all the way across the island.

Basically, I'm saying that the most sensible explanation for the explosion would be that it was for the purpose of covering the incident up. Maybe some people were killed by it, but at least George and Hideyoshi must have been already dead.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote