View Single Post
Old 2012-02-10, 12:30   Link #7524
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well, Juvia was sure to follow Gray around, and while Gray himself possesses power, he has nothing to compete against Rufus (overkill tracking and homing magic?) or the guy who thinks he's Zetsu. Only Eve actually did something from the other teams, who were just playing tag trying to see who uses magic.
Anyway, I liked the chapter, I don't think anyone was dumbed down. Losing a point for wrong attacks bars massive AoE offense, and showing their true potential in the game could have meant trouble for the battles that follow. First fight of the day, psychotic blonde-hater Flair vs Lucy! I want it to be another voodoo magic user
My problem is that Gray and Juvia did nothing. Gray has ice shields while Juvia has water prisons and is also able to hide in water. They just stood there and got slapped around, and Gray didn't find a counter to Chin-man in the end at all. I was disappointed because I wanted Hiro to show-case some new abilities or tactics for each character, but only Eve and Chin-man seemed to utilize any tactics, and only Rufus displayed any worthwhile ability. That left the impression that Leon, Yeagar, Beth, Juvia and Gray were just running around slapping each other.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote