View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 15:10   Link #2962
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
So how did Isshin know about FGT in this instance? If he managed to get to that level, wouldn't he have been much more than a mere captain? Even if he didn't have a hollow to fuse with, he would still have been considerably more powerful than everyone else (apart from Yamajii), and much more powerful than that hollow thingy
I don't think we should refer to Ichigo's example as a classic case of what happens after learning FGT (or whatever final move a bankai grants its user). That's to say, learning that final attack won't make a shinigami exponentially stronger like it did to Ichigo. If I had to guess, all it typically does is grant them access to their bankai's final technique.

The reason why Ichigo got so much more powerful during the process of learning FGT was because he supposedly had to come to full terms with an entire half of his power he spent so long trying to control rather than accept. So once that happened, his bankai changed a little and his overall power ascended to a dimension of its own.

In short, even though I think Isshin might know FGT, I don't think him (or any other typical shinigami) learning it would have nearly the same effects it had on Ichigo. I'll even dare say that learning such a technique might not make a shinigami stronger at all...until the times comes when they decide to sacrifice their powers just to use their "final" attack.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-04-23 at 15:27.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote