View Single Post
Old 2009-05-31, 08:14   Link #2052
Drethillsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
@Dri and Drethillsh: Gents, if you're still planning to continue to duking it out, might I suggest moving this over to Magic and Technology? Last I checked this was the Manga discussion thread. I mean, sure, it's really cute how you guys are play fighting with each other, but if you're going to debate, then you ought to follow the proper etiquette (re: Rules of Engagement). I do believe one of those statuettes to be debating in the proper thread.
It is regarding the manga. It's about what power level Vivio will be at in ViVid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No need, I can stop this with one post:

Note in particular that second one, Vivio was plugged into the magical reactor of a battleship which not only supplied her with limitless energy, but also increased her power to terrifying levels.

Bottomline, Vivio outside the Cradle is nowhere near as powerful as Vivio on the Cradle. How strong Vivio is right now is unknown, but will undoubtedly be shown as the manga progresses, and its quite pointless to debate that now with virtually no information.
That doesn't address all of the points we brought up, but it's nice information to have.

The first one says that the Saint's Armor is Vivio's ability, not the Cradle's, and that was one major element in giving her that level of power.

As for the second one, I thought the effect of that energy was that she could keep fighting without getting tired (yes, another major part of her power, but in a short fight she could be just as effective). That might be just wishful thinking, though, because of how awesome Vivio was (I really wanted some random plot device to bring every TSAB character into that room, and Vivio would just keep beating them down).

But Nanoha as a series so far hasn't been in the habit of disappointing me my want for characters to show that the power they had as enemies doesn't evaporate when they join the good side. I still see Vivio as a much stronger character than at least most of the rest of the cast, and it was just bothering me to see lots of "Vivio's become really weak now" type comments without having any information that put her much below her power level in StrikerS. Again, maybe my hope is blinding me, but I'd be really surprised and dissappointed if Vivio was weak, and in five years of products, Nanoha (the series)has only dissapointed me once. That's a good track record.

Lastly, where is that picture from?! I needs my information sources, I needs them...