View Single Post
Old 2009-11-10, 07:05   Link #256
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I asked this elsewhere too but didn't get an answer yet so here I go :

I've read FMA up to vol.16 in the manga version. This was just quite recently, and I don't want to re''watch'' for who knows how many episodes of stuff I already know about.

Is there anyone here who has read the manga and knows which episode should I pick up Brotherhood from if I've read the manga up to vol.16 ?

Also : Does Brotherhood actually follow the manga very accurately ? The above question is useless if they still failed to do it even though Brotherhood was supposed to be all about that ..
I think it's really best to watch the show from the beginning. But what do you mean by 'where I should pick up'? Do you want to watch from the point where you've read the manga? In that case, there's not a lot available for you, because the most recent episode is actually right around there, at vol. 16. Since there's no diversion point in Brotherhood from the manga, I don't really know what to tell you, unlike when watchers of the first anime asked. You need to tell us from what volume or event you want to watch from (e.g. Ed vs. Greed? Roy vs. Lust? Ed meeting Hohenheim?)

Brotherhood does follow the manga, although they did mess around with Ishbal a little (cutting up Armstrong and Scar's bits; putting them in earlier episodes), and of course, there's those notorious and inevitable cut scenes. However it's been doing all right so far, storywise - almost everything's happened the way it should have... almost...