View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 18:10   Link #694
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto526 View Post
i am not forgetting about that, but i am talking about the movies, while i love the Arf character, and she is a major player in the series, i think that her roll in the movie will be reduced, hopefully not as bad as yuuno's, but it will be reduced, you have to many characters to deal with in this movie and therefore something will need to go
i still hope that she will still have a bigger roll. but i think we are getting off track, we are talking about Yuuno, as he is needed to introduce Nanoha to magic and to get her started, is he needed?, if you go by the A's series, he is not there while Nanoha is practicing her magic, as he is with Fate and the gang, so that shows that at that point he really is not needed for that aspect, as for the movie, it looks like Nanoha and Fate will already be together and reunited before the fighting begins and he may or may not need to save her from Vita, as this only an opinion. we will not know until july when it comes out.
by the way thanks for the great discussion it has been a lot of fun.
Yuuno is needed for far more than that. In the first series, he's the one who breaks the rules and prods Nanoha into saving Fate, teleporting her off the bridge. In A's, he holds off Vita so Nanoha can fire her Starlight Breaker, and would have been able to teleport everyone to safety if Arf had been able to break the barrier. He then shielded everyone in the second fight (along with Arf) against the lightning attack Shamal unleashed from the book. And then, not to mention, it was his search spells and research that dug up information about the book, enabling Nanoha to ultimately free both Hayate and Fate from it.

I think people really underestimate, sometimes, how much of an important role he plays. The same goes for any character. You take one piece out of the puzzle, no matter how minor you think it is, and the whole thing can begin to unravel.

Granted, it's obvious they are rewriting A's, and it will remain to be seen exactly how that plays out. But Yuuno played a big part in the first series and movie, and played a decent part in A's. Stuff that they will have to address somehow, if they plan to really minimize him. I'm already wondering exactly how they plan to handle the first fight with the Wolkenritter, if he won't be fighting. Who will be holding Vita off?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote