View Single Post
Old 2009-10-22, 14:45   Link #3253
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
No. In my own personal experience, I still find massive amounts of immigrants from Eastern Europe and China who are extremely racist toward blacks, though.
It is true, I can confirm it cause there is quite some racism here but it is not as bad as in some areas
We don't have drive-by's or black people getting beat up at night for being black (in some it si actually them beating you up)
but the people here are cautious about black people and would rather avoid them all instead of confront them (and I agree on the avoiding terms)
Don't get me wrong, there are many good black folks out there and a lot that I know but in Europe it is usually the black community that comes illegally and sell stuff on the streets, steal your money, rip you off and make out like rabbits
That is what mostly happens in countries like Spain, Italy and France where you have many tourists
In the East European side you don't see many black immigrants.. I don't really know why.. it is either too cold or merely the fact that if you mess around in Eastern Europe that you will be found dead in a ditch due to the mafia.. really Russia heck even Sweden can be scary at this point
Their reputation is so well known for their bad behavior that it is understandable that Eastern Europe is rather racist about it, East is very known for the fact that they stand their ground and if you mess with them then you are basically written dead, you do not want an angry Russian
London is almost the same thing, I was there this summer and a friend who lives in downtown London had a nice conversation to me about it and our hotel was in a bad neighborhood also which makes it all the more visualizing, the immigrants hardly work, they sell rip off wares and pickpocket tourists. At night people get mugged regularly (standard police sirens came by the hotel about 6 times a night) stabbed etc. but what they hate the most about it is that a single mom with kids hardly gets any government support whereas the people who do nothing are given a house and a monthly sum of money to get around with for doing nothing.
In Europe the stereotype black person is not the hip hop shouting youth that we see in America but it is the ripping off dealer you see at a street corner selling look alike Gucci bags that runs from the police and robs you if you're not careful. Also if something happens to anyone of their friends you can expect cars to be set on fire etc. just look at Paris it is a fine example, the incident was that in the outer neighborhoods of Paris, where a lot of black immigrants live and where you have a lot of crime and gangs, someone was killed when he ignored a police check and tried to run, what happened afterward is a yes/no blame game some say the police hit him with a vehicle and the police says he lost control over it. In the end there were massive riots by the people there and this incident gives the rest of Europe a bad view on what these people do and think. It added to a lot of hating and dislike
but again there are good black folks out there too, remember that =)
The country I live is not so bad, we have other groups that we worry about and we don't have that many tourists here
but in the larger cities there is a vast reputation about black people ripping others off
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote