View Single Post
Old 2010-10-25, 13:39   Link #109
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
As far as I can tell, you are dismissing the solution that came up solely because the ecchi offends you. You haven't argued that it's not effective storytelling, just that you don't like it. So that begs the question, if you're so open to different solutions, why do you keep insisting it was 'stupid'?
I flip the coin, Why is it not 'stupid'? It's not effective storytelling because it will not tell you the story, I assure you people are already looking at it in an ecchi way and not the correct way. So why risk that? because it sells. You tell me how you can explain the scene to a mainstream guy who will scream 'hentai' at the sight of these things? It's going in the way of storytelling even. You see that troll who just went in? Many of them are now spawned right now, because jpg's are spread around and not the whole scene. So how are you going to tell them that this is more than Generic Imouto anime 1632843 with those stills going around? Yes it would give it more publicity. But how can you justify that the scene is better than other alternatives?