View Single Post
Old 2012-01-24, 16:42   Link #40
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Haha, the choices this time were pretty tough.
That's good to know.

Quote:
In the end, for choice 8, I went with B, but luckily enough I still had enough affection points with Mami to take the opportunity choices.

As for Opportunity Choice 2, after reading the results for choice A, I actually almost second guessed my decision to charge straight ahead with choice B. Will/would Mami really have a chance to talk about the gardening club with Madoka later? But in the end I stuck with B.

As for choice M1, I went with A, of course. This is a bit of a guess, but the M should stand for "Mami", right?
That's correct. If you see a choice with a letter in front of it (M, S, K, or H) it means that you're near or on a specific girl's route, and such choices are of particular importance in determining if...

1) You fully go on her route.

2) How her route goes.

These choices don't necessarily change affection levels, but may simply determine how a relationship develops.

Quote:
Madoka's dream about Mami and Homura's confrontation/conversation made me feel a bit guilty about getting so chummy with Mami while ignoring Homura, lol. Like Kanon suggested early on, I might be leaning towards a harem route myself? Though perhaps that's a bit greedy.
The nature of the Madoka Magica narrative is convenient in that each of the other 4 main cast girls gets their moment in the spotlight, almost as if they were main girls in a VN-adaptation. With Mami, it's the first three episodes. With Sayaka, it's most of the middle episodes. With Kyouko, it's Episode 9. With Homura, it's the final three episodes. This works nicely in that, like a lot of "True Route" girls in actual VNs, Homura is the last one you're able to enter her route for.

But that also means you have to wait for her, of course.

Quote:
Anyway, we're coming up on that fight in the anime now, aren't we? Pretty exciting stuff. Good chapter, and good work!
Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. I hope you end up liking how I choose to handle that fight in the anime.

What I'm most curious about now is how I'm handling relationship development between Mami and Madoka in the "fanfic-only" sections. Do readers find it too fast, too slow, or just right?