View Single Post
Old 2006-10-03, 14:59   Link #121
Devastator

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel666
I would like to ask if there's some way (using either Shinjipierre's or Paul Tuersley's scripts) to make the imported kanji text layers to appear vertically and not horizontally. Thanks.
You can achieve this in several ways through the script itself. The first one is more of an assumption, to tell you the truth. I've shied away from most ASS typesetting. Most likely you'll want to avoid 4), but it is a way to get the text to run vertically as opposed to horizontally.

1) Adjust the left and right margin so that only one character appears on a line and use a wrap style that keeps the text centered.
2) Use the new line code (\n, \N) associated to ASS scripting after every character.
3) Use a font that is naturally vertically.
4) Use ASS commands (\org, \fr[xyz]) to rotate every line 90/-90 degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otacon_
I have knowlagde of video editing and typesetting but not advanced typesetting and AfterFX. Anyway I have learned to use Aeigisub today and i like it very much. But I have one simple question and that is if I must add the effects to the fonts in Aeigisub or can I use the basic typesetting function if I'm going to import the ssa file to AfterFX late on and frpm there apply all the effects like font color etc?
I just watched half of the video from shinjipierre's website, and the script is imported as text. So any text effects and modifications (font, colour, size, etc.) that you can use normally in AFX on text layers can be applied to the karaoke after importing.

Last edited by Devastator; 2006-10-03 at 15:19.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote