Thread: Licensed Sukitte Ii na yo
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 23:10   Link #228
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
...I tried to read the manga, but it has those shoujo-ish character designs (long necks/arms/feet) that I find particularly ugly....
I like the style of the manga. There's something raw and real about it. Of course, I do like shoujo mangas in general.

[rant begins]And I get quite upset when I see all the little tossed off criticisms of shoujo from so many people. For me, shoujo is the most interesting of all genres of manga, often giving much more emotional detail and depth than other kinds of mangas. To me, the way people seem so satisfied to complain about shoujo manga and anime feels like a hidden kind of misogynism, and I don't like it.

If we want to talk shallow, stupid, and unrealistic, how about standard shounen manga and anime?[/end rant]

Sorry to go off on you, Malkuth, when you were just complaining about drawing style. But you stood in the path of the rant, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote