TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
professional ethics
fansubbing: serious business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
The industry, both in the US and Japan, needs to come up with systems to make traditional fansubbing obsolete and to monetize the fanbase who watch them. They've so far failed on all fronts so far to do this and have made next to zero effort to reach out to the fansub scene in this regard.
(...)
Arguing whether it is ethical or not to continue as we've been doing is a moot point. There have been "vulture subbers" picking up dropped shows going back to the early 1990s. The scene will not change in any substantial way. The ball is in the industry's court to address this.
Head on the nail, I couldn't have said it better myself. What jfs says about things being fair or not fair does not seem relevant to me; the world is not fair and there's no reason the world's governments (much less individuals such as ourselves) should support a certain industry's obviously faulty business model by artificial means.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote