View Single Post
Old 2006-06-17, 02:11   Link #22
yamato2

@iamtetsuo: I want to switch to mac (still on windows). But first I want to make sure I don't need windows for things that I do everyday. Dual booting is PIA and costs space. That's why I tried mplayer for windows first and find it lacking in .mkv and SSA/ASS subs. It's still better than VLC where multiple subs are overlapping each other (karaoke). But it's not displaying some subs in japanese and also doesn't have the right coloring . I've also read your build up before I asked this question, but I thought it was the same as Mplayer for windows. Please correct me if I'm wrong. When I read thr, SSA/ASS patch with screenshots, I know for sure the biggest problem of switching would be solved. But I couldn't find links for the patch or build, so I asked this question.

@thr: Terminal is just a like command prompt right? I've used it before when I tried out linux. As long as you write down all the command lines, then it shouldn't be a problem. And thank you very much for doing the parallels test.