View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 21:36   Link #286
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

You forgot TESTEMENT GUNDAM which is shown for .5 secs in ep 38....

By having .//hackatsuki in his avatar he should be well aware of your point...

@ lil shinta

^Well I will applaud you for saying Treize saves Wing (He was my favorite character)...But unlike GSD, Gundam Wing never tried to trick you or betray you into believing it was something it wasn't...It stayed true to itself and had what most Gundam shows lacked, and that's dialouge...GSD couldn't lick Wings boot in many areas including being honest to it's viewers...

Secondly... You are wrong about Gundam X (either that are we just have 2 really different perspectives)...X could easily be placed after Victory and before Turn A furthering the UC platform...Like Turn A it has great character development, like Victory it plays off the notion of Newtypes coming from Earth (and furthers this ideal)...Also all the wheel-mechas like Tyres and Motorad (from Victory) seem to progress nominally in X...Most of the earth-bound vessels (Including Vultures' vessels) and suits have that type of flow to them...That series has so much similiar with UC I almost thought Tomino directed it at first...Death just happens and it isn't glorified and harsh events take place as an average part of life which seems to reign true in most of Tomino's UC's...I also remember Mr. Paper telling me the director was a Tomino disciple, hence the similarities (To an extent)...And i didn't find that out til after I watched it...

The fact that it (X) was not appreciated (besides being up against Neon Genesis Evangalion at the time) is a circumstantial similarity...It doesn't have much to do with the meat of this argument...not much at all...

And please continue to be amused by my ravings...They are by far more informative than most of the B$ posts you probably read...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-01-07 at 21:47. Reason: TYPO!!!
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote