View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 03:19   Link #109
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Regarding this "fairness" point started by relentlessflame, wasn't this a light jab at my "analysis" in the previous episode thread? I don't recall it being brought up again until I did, but I'm not offended by this jab since I did say I stretched the hell out of it.
Another purely unintended theme, and I'm ok with that.

Though, if we humor ourselves with continuing the "fairness" theme (which I again should emphasize is unintended), I'd say them (somewhat) circumventing the intended gameplay by overleveling was the unfair part, and the system upscaled the boss to restore "fairness". Gotta think of those poor game designers who wanted to give them a challenge (of course, the game probably wasn't designed with a real-life death mechanic involved).

Heck, you can continue stretching the "fairness" theme to Kirito's combat ability if you want to (for laughs):
Cardinal noticed Kirito solely using his right hand in combat.
Cardinal thought that was unfair to the left hand.
Cardinal grants him dual-wielding skill.
That's only fair, right?
(In before novel spoilers, if any, regarding this joke above)

Definitely enjoyed this episode more than the previous few episodes, though for a minute, I thought the show was gonna pull a recap episode when Asuna starting explaining their past (thank god it didn't).

A question for other anime-only viewers, we haven't seen enough of the boss so far that implied it couldn't be beaten by themselves (I think the HP bar did go down a bit), but would you laugh or cry if they beat this boss via Yui (again)?
I'd say that's more unfair, but I'd still laugh my ass off if it happened.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote