View Single Post
Old 2009-01-09, 09:35   Link #26
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momosan View Post
What is the symbollism that I missed? I assume you mean that a graduation ceremony is important in Japan. That I can understand. Gathering everyone I can understand. Telling everyone a story that they are already familiar with? That I don't understand. It's an anime, they have free reign of creative license. I was really expecting something more emotional than Nagisa talking about being sick and how she'll miss school.
I find it difficult to believe that the Japanese would find that scene emotionally involving, but I don't know Japanese intricacies like that so I could very well be wrong.
She was talking about all the suffering she had to go through in her 5 years at high school.

Who cares?

What I care is the fact, that, despite all that, she still loved the 5 years she went through, no matter the pain.

- ... that there is nothing that can replace my school life here.-

- ... it's a school that I love so much. Because it's the place I've worked so hard at.-

Now let's see. This could be done without Nagisa re telling the whole story of her hardships, true.
Any other suggestions?
Anything else would be fine as long as it ends with that lines above.
Yep, the important fact that Nagisa, despite her pain, never regretted a single seconds in her school life.

And what's with the title?