View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 11:26   Link #124
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I disagree. Tell me, what's realistic about a girl swinging her twin-tails around like bolas and using that hair as weapons? And that happened this episode.
idk, maybe you laughed and took it as comic relief, but I personally took it as a sign of desperation and anger.

Quote:
Also, plenty of episodes in the first half of this anime were largely comedic. So saying that this series took a "severe turn" towards realistic "since the start" is massive over-exaggeration. This series became somewhat more realistic about half-way through the show (at the earliest), but has maintained some unrealistic elements all the way through.
Quote:
Sure they do. There are several difficult realities that Oreki is made to confront in Hyouka. Learning to deal with the dark truths behind a lot of mysteries is a common element in Hyouka.
I don't think its the same "facing reality" though. Hyouka dealt with the darker realities behind a lot of common day things. Chuu2 deals with accepting those common day things instead of creating a fantasy world to deal with one's inability to accept it.

Quote:
In any event, perhaps "rehabilitate" would be the better word for me to use here.
I would agree.

Quote:
Does she seem happy now to you? Does this episode put forward, or even hint, at anything that can believably replace what she had before? I certainly don't see it.
She lost a significant part of her, of course she isn't happy now. That doesn't mean that bringing it back will make her happy later.

How many people happily reminisce about that time when life hurt so bad they lost themselves in beer everynight?

Quote:
But "chuunibyou" isn't just delusions. For most people, it's role-playing (like it was for Yuuta and Mori Summer). Yuuta wasn't delusional when he was Dark Flame Master, he was just having fun.
Yuuta did it because he had the minor delusion of thinking it was cool. Rikka did it because she couldn't accept the fact that her father was dead, and needed a way to run away from reality.

Sure the end result is similar, but Rikka's motives for her chuunibyou behavior are a lot worse.

Quote:
Times have changed, Klash. It's no longer that strange for an adult to embrace his or her "inner chuunibyou" from time to time. I'm honestly amazed this has to be stated on an anime message board where a large number of the members (including you and I) are over the age of 20.
It's still strange. We are still a minority. Sure modern times has made our minority quite big, and new technologies allow us to connect to each other better, but that doesn't really stop "ordinary" people from looking down on us.

Example: I went to Wreck-It Ralph with a bunch of friends, and all the parents looked at us with "stay away from my kids you fucking pedos" expressions.

Example2: This is actually closer to Chuu2. LARPing, especially the fighting each other with swords and stuff type, is still regarded as weird, and LARPers are generally considered acceptable targets to make fun of.