View Single Post
Old 2009-11-04, 14:11   Link #74
Jays

Imagine the look on my face when I was just clicking the buttons on top to familiarize myself with the UI, when I stumbled upon the "Tactics" menu, here let my give you guys visual depiction;

--> --> --> -->

I um.. am very, very satisfied with my purchase. To say the least the best thing about FFXII was the gameplay and Gambit system, I am glad that Bioware read my mind and has implemented this wonderful system. Um... and it's even more in depth than in FFXII.

-

Enough foaming at the mouth, from the three or so hours I've spent playing this is brings back loads of memories from Baldur's Gate and just that era of gaming in general. The Tactics/combat system is super deep, as is your party controls and customization, and I just all the more too happy.

If there is anything that I can detract from this, it has to be that it's another Tolkien based game, man those are getting fucking boring. Dwarves, dragons, elves, ect. All of that ridiculous shit, fucking eh I have such a bad taste in my mouth from Oblivion man I hate that game.

Mini rant over.

Side note, everyone else notice the gratuitous amounts of blood in this game? Good God, after I finished killing those rats my main character and the dog were drenched in blood, this carried over to their conversation with that old bitch which was hilarious just because he's a mute covered in blood, sounds like the workings of a serial killer to me.

One more thing, you're character doesn't talk, man I'm tired of being a mute. In a sense this fails to give your character a visible personality, something that Bioware did magnificently with Mass Effect, disappointed that they didn't do something to that extent.

PS. (I swear this is the final thing) Downloading DLC for the PC is one HUGE bitch.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote