View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 10:09   Link #14
judasmartel
*Author

And oh, you're right, guys. The Japanese anime industry DOESN'T grow up with anyone. It stays just the way it is, they just change the kind of shows they release depending on the desires of the JAPANESE AUDIENCE.

I'll bet good money that when I reach the age of 60, they're still going to feature cutesy shows with teenage protagonists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's not only it if you read further his post, you'll see that he's using Anime as his reference to the entire Japanese society as a whole.

Never mind that's mostly for kids and that Otakus only consist of only a small minority of the population.
You mean Japanese anime is actually intended for Japanese kids? Man, didn't know that.

But what I do realize now though is that true anime otakus DO NOT hole up in their rooms. They DO go out of their rooms and work their asses off to earn money so they can afford their ridiculously expensive hobby.

So people like the OP actually bash otakus for holing up in their rooms all day, and yet they earn more $$$ than any one of them.

Well, then, shall we look for anime with protagonists over the age of 25?

Fate/zero is a good one. Protagonist is awesome despite being over 25, and that actually ended very recently.