View Single Post
Old 2006-08-09, 21:29   Link #346
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
You don't put a show aimed at war with a bunch of really pretty girls and throw in a gay theme and expect it to be well received. Those are two different types of genre that would not mix well in the US main population because one is aimed at raging harmoned men and the other is something that would irk that demographic.
As opposed to including it as a sub-theme in an 18+ visual novel aimed at the same sort of guys? The whole thing was meant as a joke in the first place you know... I don't think anyone will take it that seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon
ADV would not risk upsetting that really large demographic and place the subject material between the two. It would be bad strategic management, and I give ADV more credit than that.
What ADV would not risk, in my opinion, would be censoring the show. Given the show's primary audience has always been fans in Japan, I doubt they'd change the show's content to appease conservative American tastes (a secondary audience at best). I said before that I don't believe they'll announce it one way or the other in the anime (to leave it as a "wink" to the game fans, who know the whole story), but I certainly don't believe that has anything to do with ADV or U.S. licensing whatsoever. I simply think it's more fun to leave it ambiguous.

And I still find this thread remarkable (how can the absense of one scene automatically, and without question, lead to an opposing conclusion?), but that's another story...