View Single Post
Old 2007-12-21, 04:19   Link #35
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by limyuhui View Post
the fastest sub group is ? and y shana does not look like naruto and bleach they sub it to fast like around 5hr to 6hr ?
You must be pretty new to the anime world. Let me give you some tips on fansubs.

As talented and time-available as they are, Dattebayo is probably the most arrogant sub group that I have ever seen. They have ridiculous ethics, such as "show up at this time on this day and work on the episode" etc. or else you're out of the sub group. And as such, they only sub the popular ones, Naruto and Bleach. And when an episode isn't shown, instead of nicely telling their loyal downloaders "we're sorry, there will be no episode this week", they just troll their own website with some ridiculous demands and ban the weaklings who fall for it.

As far as I know, Dattebayo is the fastest subbing group in the history of sub groups, and they don't check quality (as far as I know). They are only concerned about speed and getting it done as quickly as possible, going over the translated subs about once for quality.

Not all fansubbers do that. There are fansub groups who emphasize quality over speed, and as such, there are fans who prefer quality over speed. A quality fansub generally takes longer than a speed fansub, usually taking a week if not longer to subtitle an episode. They usually go over the script three or four times to make sure they get everything right, and then when they feel that the episode is in perfect condition, they release the episode. Eclipse is a good example of this. Their fansubs are probably the best in terms of quality, but they generally take a while to do so.

Usually, when speed is an issue, they team up with another fansub group. An example of this is Eclipse creating a joint project with Static Subs, another quality fansubbing group. They not only work fast, but they also try to make their subtitles look nice, sometimes going as far as changing the colors of the text to fit specific characters, as well as making sure that the translations are perfect in terms of typesetting, timing, and the like. It is a huge handle.

Let me put it this way. Not everybody is as talented as the Dattebayo group, but some episodes subbed by various groups are much better then the ones Dattebayo presents.

So to answer your question, Dattebayo is technically the fastest sub group I can think of, but they only do Naruto and Bleach. You'll have to look around for other groups, and don't ask them to do it faster. Unlike the Dattebayo staff, those fansubbers actually have lives to live.