View Single Post
Old 2012-11-10, 17:10   Link #782
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsLair's Fraggle View Post
Right, I need some input on some characterization for my crossover fic Fate/Night Sky

I recently had a rather interesting idea: In canon Regius Gaiz dislikes Yagami Hayate because of her past, namely the BoD incident that ended up making her a powerful mage at the cost of countless innocent lives. Because of that he is rather antagonistic against her and Section 6, which he also dislikes because of the TSAB Navy's support.
Minor nitpick, nobody died during the BoD incident. Regius dislikes her because she has a criminal record period (which she got because Hayate voluntarily shouldered part of the blame for what the Wolkies did).

He's rather rigid in that way. And it's sort of understandable. As a ground force mage, he has less powerful resources to draw on as most powerful mages tend to go to the navy. Plus, as a non-mage he already has a harder time climbing the ladder while he has to watch powerful mages getting ranks handed out like candy. And then he finds out one of those mages is a former criminal? And gets a special unit funded and authorized by the three admirals?

Yeah, I can kind of see why that'd tick him off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsLair's Fraggle View Post
In F/NS Yagami Hayate is a normal human mage, after realizing that her potential as a battle mage is rather limited, decides to go into command because that is something she excels in. Even more; this Hayate, having grown up in a large foster family, is rather ambitious but also has a strong moral code and has some serious doubts about some of the TSAB's military works. Things such as the use of manpower and the distribution of resource are mostly routed towards the Navy, leaving the ground forces rather understaffed and underpowered while their workload is slowly increasing with one incident after another.

Dare I say that these two might somewhat end up as mentor and student?
Yes, I can certainly see that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote