View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 17:29   Link #2594
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
5 Things Nobody Tells You About Living in Japan:

"Two years ago, I achieved alpha-geek status among my friends by moving to
Japan. Since then, all I've been hearing from them is how lucky I am and how they
would murder any endangered species still clinging tenaciously to existence in
exchange for permission to live in my closet. And I totally get it, because come on,
it's Japan -- the wackiest, most interesting place on the planet. Who wouldn't want
to live here?

Well ... you might not, actually. Because while there are plenty of great reasons to
live in Japan, such as the low crime rate and the amazing public transportation
system, there are a few things you should know before you decide to pack up your
manga and hop on a jet across the Pacific, wearing rabbit ears and flashing peace
signs at everyone who makes eye contact with you. For starters ..."

See:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20118...-in-japan.html

I had to laugh at that article because OMG I still use a fax machine at my job. Granted I think my job is a bit slow in adopting technology but as I fax to other hospitals/doctors offices, it doesn't seem like the fax machine is all that extinct.

Also about the hospital. When I was in Japan back around 2007, my friend who I was with was having awful pain in her leg, she was worried it was a blood clot (which luckily it wasn't). After a few days of this we ended up going to the emergency room in Tokyo. It was probably the quickest, best hospital service I ever experienced. It was also in the evening and the Doctor spoke perfect English...

Now of course Japan is not perfect, no place is but I don't understand the point of writing an article so say how bad a place is.