Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-03, 07:48   Link #3788
Sol Falling

I'm pretty much with sa47. Don't really see any reason to dislike the group. As far as I can tell, a lot of the themes of the anime of ordinary girls aiming for their dreams while carrying both friendship and rivalry towards each other are pretty true to life. On top of that the girls seem to be allowed to be pretty free/genuine with the yuri. While I'm not really remotely familiar with idols or the popular music industry (of any country), it does seem to me as if AKB48 are pretty unique/special in that you get to see more of their real personality and are encouraged to root for/get to know the members on a more personal, individual basis.

The concept of the group as a whole, and the individual girls as performers, are all pretty sympathetic to me. The only reason I haven't dived into fandom for the group is pretty much because I'm not particularly into popular music in general, and that I already have so many other interests in other directions that I can't really afford to get into another thing on a passionate level. However, if there's one thing I'm grateful to this anime for doing it would be for giving me an opportunity to learn more about the source.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote