View Single Post
Old 2010-07-17, 05:41   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Personally i found the score for Brotherhood one of the highlights of the series. Akira Senju is an outstanding composer, like i've been saying for the past year and a bit in this section of the forum. It's just a shame that the music placement in the middle of the series was starting to get a little bit repetitive, though thankfully we had outstanding placement during some of the major key scenes in the series (especially in the last arc) which made up for it. Plus listening to the three soundtracks stand alone destroys my thoughts of the poor placement, which i'm glad about.

Overall i'd seriously enjoyed Brotherhood, though i wouldn't rank it as high as i do the manga. The fact that a lot of the humor was 'deleted' so they wouldn't bring down some of the more serious scenes really bugged me quite a bit, because it shows in the manga that they increase the overall enjoyment that's to be had of the series. Sure i understand if there wasn't enough time overall to include everything, though the humor is a big part of what makes the manga so good, especially seeing how well Arakawa can right humor, and to see that taken out of the adaptation was just a huge shame.

I'd want to give this an overall 10 just because of the last arc, because BONES sure did deliver 110%, which truly made this so much fun to watch. Though that's not really fare in the end, so it get's a 9 from me.