View Single Post
Old 2007-09-02, 20:43   Link #97
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Had it been a less popular show, most people (Probably even you) wouldn't even bother with it?
Probably not now, or even in the near future since normally the premise of a Magical Girl Show doesn't appeal to me easily (CCS being one of the sole exceptions) but since I have a likeness for seeing obscure old shows that receive some good, albeit few reviews, I'd probably be seeing it in a 7 or 8 years time... so would'nt be hearing from me till then probably. Then again I started watching Nanoha back when it was a run-of-the mill Magical Girl show just because my sis recommended it to me so who knows?

Quote:
If it's one two problems, sure why not? No show is perfect... But how many faults did you listed?
Hence why I said it would never make it to my (or anyone's for that matter) Top 10 list.Heck, even my all time favorites like Aria or Haibane Renmei got its share of faults. But as long as they are not faults that go against the very essence of the show (something that Trigun suffered from, for example.) I can make a compromise and overlook them.

Nanoha is by no means a perfect, not even something near to excellent. However, most of the "faults" are almost a byproduct of our own overhyping, and the high bar that its predecessors set up. Sure, as the successor of such good series as the 1st and 2nd seasons our own expectations were very high... but they were just that. Our own expectations. The producers failed to give us a show that was on par with previous seasons, but still they gave us a show that is still above its other cousins, and the show still had many of the elements I liked the previous seasons for, so, like you say, I could still enjoy it despite its gigantic list of flaws.

I'm not trying to tell everyone to just accept my standards. I'm just reminding you that one of the main reasons anime et. al. exist is for our own enjoyment. It saddens me a little that people aren't capable of doing that and missing all the good points Nanoha Strikers has to offer.

That or I am optimistic to the point of it being a disease

Last edited by Proto; 2007-09-02 at 20:58.