View Single Post
Old 2011-04-28, 08:45   Link #9922
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
The "One that cleanses God and exorcises the Devil" and "The one who surpasses the God" also fits Jesus tough if you split God into his three aspects: Father (God), Son of God and the Holy Spirit (part of God ).

"One that cleanses God" - calming down the aspect of the Father so his wrath doesn't punish the humanity. God who was wrathful and prideful in Old Testament becomes forgiving and caring thus you can say that he was cleansed

"One that exorcises the Devil" - by taking on himself all of humanity's sins and dying for humanity's sins, Devil is exorcised from souls of humans (for the time being). I general, Devil is evil that resides in souls of humans and makes them commit sin. Do notice that Touma does the same to most of villains: after preaching and punching them, they turn or start turning good thus you can say Devil was exorcised from them

"The one who surpasses the God" - Son of God surpasses the God in (some?) Christian beliefs. While they are considered to be one being, it is the Son of God who is primarily worshiped by Christians and the one whose teaching they claim to follow

Roman Catholic Church turning against Touma mirrors Jewish Temple turning against Jesus, both for religious and non-religious reasons.

Do mind that this post was written by a Roman Catholic and that a lot of my beliefs are from what I have been thought by RCC in my town. RCC has many different interpretations of the Bible itself, yet alone other Christian faiths.

Quote:
I chose not to believe it as I think humans cannot be Archangels of God, but who know
They can symbolise them tough.