Thread: R-15
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 12:40   Link #54
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I am going to agree with the swordmaiden maniac above me - this episode left a lot to be desired. While the setup has the potential for some good quirks and bizarre situations, it felt like the episode never took advantage of potential the setting allows. It wasn't anywhere near whacky enough to utilize its own guns, and came across as pretty dull instead.

Comedy is a very personal beast indeed, so there is a lot to be said about beauty being in the eyes of the beholder, but this simply didn't do it for me. Bland presentation and uninspiring usage (or lack of it) of the potential character quirks. The show simply seemed to lack that spark that sets comedies ablaze.

All in all, in the absence of comedy, all that was left was the fanservice, but even that didn't really pay off. No one here is new to censorship probably, but this was some pretty obnoxious usage of light rays of doom, pretty much nullifying whatever fanservice potential it had. With comedy not quite working for me and the fanservice canceled out, both being the prime elements of the show, was there anything left to write home about? Not for me, anyways.

A rather dull and "empty" experience all around, chances are likely I won't be checking out the second episode. This season has a pretty decent lineup so far, but sadly it doesn't seem like this is going to be a part of it.